On our table for pretty much every savoury meal, chilli is our favourite condiment.
This is a recipe from my primo, Sergio – he’s bringing the heat!
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground dried chilli
(add less or more, depending on your preference)
- 3 tbsps cider vinegar
PREP-TIME 10 MIN
COOKING TIME 1 HOUR
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Place all the ingredients (except the cider vinegar) into an oven-safe saucepan with a lid and mix until they are all well blended.
- Place in the oven for 20–30 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, stir well, pour into ablender and blend for 5 seconds. Then add in the cider vinegar and blend for a further 30 seconds or until you have a smooth sauce.
- Place in a jar and cover. This can keep in the fridge for up to seven days.
ALL RECIPES PROPERTY OF ©J'SOMETHING 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
PUBLISHED IN SOMETHING'S COOKING OCTOBER, 2017.
Please contact Dale at email@example.com for permissions, rights for re-posting, referencing and publishing, as well as all brand and media
More great recipes in J'Something's new cookbook