Lemon Yoghurt Cake
A family favourite!
This recipe is really so simple and one of my favourites! (Inspired by my wife Coco ☺️)
For the cake:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup plain thick yogurt
1 cup sugar
2 tsps grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable/canola oil
For the syrup:
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the glaze:
- 1/2 tsp of lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp of lime zest
- 1/2 cup Lancewood mascarpone
- 1/3 cup sifted icing sugar
PREP-TIME 20 MIN
COOKING TIME 50 MIN
For the cake & syrup:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Spray n’ Cook a loaf tin and place baking paper on the bottom.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- With a spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it's all mixed well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for about 50 minutes.
- While your cake bakes cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- Smile a little ☺
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Using a toothpick poke holes into the cake, place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While it’s still warm, pour the syrup over the cake and allow it to soak in.
For the glaze:
- Microwave mascarpone for 30 seconds until runny
- Add the remaining ingredients and still well.
- Drizzle over entirely cooled cake and eat the whole thing ☺ Nah just kidding … slice and enjoy!
ALL RECIPES PROPERTY OF ©J'SOMETHING 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
PUBLISHED IN SOMETHING'S COOKING OCTOBER, 2017.
Please contact Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org for permissions, rights for re-posting, referencing and publishing, as well as all brand and media
More great recipes in J'Something's new cookbook