The king of all cheesecakes!
You'll never have any other cheesecake once you've made My Pump-kinG ... it's the bomb!
For the base:
- 1 packet ginger biscuits (200 g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
For the cheesecake:
- 500g diced pumpkin
- Salt for seasoning
- 60ml milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 500g LANCEWOOD® Full Fat Plain Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar (white or brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
PREP-TIME 40 MIN
COOKING TIME 45 MIN
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Blend the ginger biscuits in a blender until the biscuits are fine. Melt the butter in the microwave and allow it to cool. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and begin to build your base in a 10-inch greased and lined cake tin. Place the cake tin in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cake to cool.
- Place pumpkin in a roasting tray, season with salt, and roast at 200°C for about 45 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and slightly caramelised. Transfer the pumpkin into a mixer and add the milk, butter and all spices and mix until smooth. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth, for about 2 minutes at a medium speed. Now slowly add the sugar whilst the mixer is still mixing away.
- Add one egg at a time, ensuring that each egg is well mixed before adding the next egg. Now add the pumpkin mixture and mix for a further minute or so until everything is well mixed. Place the mixture into the cake tin and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours. Wrap with plastic and place in the fridge overnight.
Slice and enjoy :)
ALL RECIPES PROPERTY OF ©J'SOMETHING 2017. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
PUBLISHED IN SOMETHING'S COOKING OCTOBER, 2017.
Please contact Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org for permissions, rights for re-posting, referencing and publishing, as well as all brand and media
More great recipes in J'Something's new cookbook